THREE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Product Warranty – Three Years or 36,000 Miles, Whichever Occurs First
Riechers’ Truck Body & Equipment Co. (“Riechers”) warrants that its Platform Beds, Stake Beds, Landscape Beds, Contractor Beds, Dump Beds, Forestry Beds, Farm Beds and any hydraulics to be free from defects in material and/or workmanship for a period of three years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Riechers’ further warrants that its Platform Beds, Stake Beds, Landscape Beds, Contractor Beds, Dump Beds, Forestry Beds, and Farm Beds will not “rust-through”, as defined below for a period of three years of 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first. RIECHERS OBLIGATION HEREUNDER IS LIMITED TO REPAIRING THE DEFECT OR REPLACING ANY PART AT RIECHERS’ OPTION, WHERE UPON EXAMINATION ANY SUCH ITEM WAS DETERMINED BY RIECHERS TO BE DEFECTIVE.
Warranty Coverage Duration and Limitation
The warranty period begins on the date of purchase by the end-user, or one year from the date the product is shipped from Riechers’ to the purchaser, whichever occurs first. This warranty is valid for product mounted on the chassis on which such product was originally installed by Riechers’, as solely determined by Riechers’. Riechers’ will pay the cost of material and labor to repair or replace the defective product and reserves the sole right to inspect product clamed for warranty and determine the best course of action to remedy the warranty claim. Riechers’ shall not be responsible for the cost to repair any alleged defect that Riechers’ has not been given the opportunity to inspect and repair.
Exclusions From Warranty
- Product not installed by Riechers’ or an authorized Riechers’ agent or distributor.
- All accessories (additions, add-on attachments, etc) to the product not manufactured by Riechers’. Any warranty provided to Riechers’ on such accessories that can be passed on to the purchaser will be.
- All product repairs, modifications and alterations performed without written authorization of Riechers’.
- Any damages or fatigue fractures caused by accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, overloading, or alteration without Riechers’ written authorization, severe off road applications or twisting loads induced by crane, aerial devices, fire, flood, civil disorder or Act of God.
- Products not maintained properly.
- Products sold by Riechers’ (i.e. snow plows, salt spreaders, cranes, aerial lifts, lift gates, generators, compressors, pumps or hydraulic or pneumatic reservoirs etc) Note: These products are covered exclusively by the products manufacturer warranty in effect at the time of delivery, if any, which Riechers will pass on to purchaser if Riechers’ is permitted to do so.
- Paint decals, or any finish (collectively “finish”) not applied by Riechers’. Finish deterioration caused by chemical reactions including, but not limited to, acid rain, industrial fallout or improper cleaning materials. Provided, however, that as limited above, Riechers’ warrants the product finish applied by Riechers’ for one year from the warranty period.
- “Rust-Through” of products for which the finish was not applied by Riechers’ or Riechers’ authorized agent, or where the product was used to transport corrosive materials or other material that contributed to such “”Rust-Through”. Note: “rust through” is defined as corrosion that has created a hole through the metal.
- Product purchased or used outside the U.S.A.
- Any cost to deliver the product to Riechers’ for inspection.
RIECHERS. HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ANY OTHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES, ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWSE, SHALL RIECHERS’ OR ITS AFFILATE OR SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, OR OTHER RESPECTIVE DISRECTORS’, OFFICERS’, SHAREHOLDERS’, EMPLOYEES’ OR AGENTS’ TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE PROCEEDS RECEIVED BY RIECHERS’ PURSUANT TO ANY CONTRACT OF SALE OR PURCHASE ORDER. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL RIECHERS’ BE LAIBLE FOR LIQUIDATED, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, OR COSTS, INCLUDED WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, HOWSOEVER CAUSED AND EVEN IF THE POTENTAIL OF SUCH DAMAGES WAS DISCLOSED AND/OR KNOWN.
How to Apply for Warranty Coverage